- Comprehensive or holistic modality of program is needed to work in the conflict situation comprising CDP, IGA, and relief software package of services. Experience has demonstrated that CDPs and IGAs have a great role for being the entry points for the implementation of relief software package.
- Peace is not immediately discernible or tangible commodity. Therefore, giving focus on the processes is the prerequisite for the ultimate peace promotion primarily because peace-building is a process.
- The culture of concluding the tripartite agreement (between IP, SP and the community) for the CDP has demonstrated that it ensures accountability, participation, ownership, transparency, etc among the local communities and therefore, there is the need of the institutionalization of such process in similar programs.
- An inclusive representative structure of community groups enhances the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery of services during the conflict provided it functions neutrally.
- If the multi-disciplinary team from different IPs works in a program like this UJYALO, there is regular mutual learning and utilization of diverse types of expertise for the planning, implementation and monitoring of the program activities leading to the generation of synergistic effect/impact of an integrated program for relatively longer period of time.
- Program designed during the conflict period should be designed with a couple of other assumptions also when there is the cessation of conflict or when there is less intensity of conflict.
- During the proposal phase, if we had thought that synergy had been the only overarching objective of the program, we would have gone to all the VDCs together which would have produced better results.
- Experience has shown that small amount of support can have the potential of generating the sustained income for overcoming the economic hardship of the VOCs.
- Training of the local people as LRPs and their utilization in the local context is the effective means of promoting peace at the community level because they can mobilize the local communities, train them and help the people to work for the peace initiatives.
- Peace promotion centers have the potential to work to build trust/harmony in the community so that they need to be empowered more.
- Do No Harm tool is a useful one for the program implementers to reduce the conflict where they work because it helps them to understand the “dividers” and “connectors” in the communities so that interventions can be implemented by doing the social analysis.
- Provided the local NGOs as SPs are clear of the issue of sustainability, they are the most appropriate agencies to maintain the linkage between the government line agencies.
- Civil society forum like FECOFUN, if institutionally empowered properly on rights-based and inclusive approach of development, has the potential to organize other activities (other than forestry-related) such as awareness-building on constituent assembly polls, peace accord of Maoists and government ,etc; among the local forest user communities.
- Local advocacy initiatives encouraged the communities to claim their rights and they compelled the government authorities to be accountable to the people.
- There has been the clear understanding among the staff of IPs and SPs that peace-building is a process which has brought a change in their perspective to look at change in the communities.