- The youths from poor, dalit, marginalized communities, the most vulnerable conflict affected groups are making good income using their enhanced vocational skill. These supports have increased the engagement of the critical youth groups in productive activities even in the conflict situation and obtained the opportunity to improved their livelihoods.
- Local resource person is a very effective and crucial human resource to facilitate the peace process at the community level.
- With the involvement of community forest user groups in peace building initiatives, many CFUG's institutionalized separating funds to support poor and marginalized households of their community for income generation opportunities .
- Holistic approach is an effective approach. The conflict victims and poor, marginalize require other support services along with the sole initiative. Therefore to improve their livelihood mechanism, this has to be tied up with other supports too i.e. IGA package training is important to implement IGA program effectively.
- The practice of publicizing activities as well as their budgets by social audit event helps people to be informed about the status of the program and to analyze the rational of the expenditure made by user committees.
- Peace initiatives is a very effective activities to strengthen social harmony and address social discrimination and establish the social dignity of those people whose rights have long been denied in the societies such as single women honor, joint picnic among all caste etc.
- Small infrastructure activities can be used as the means to reach to the remote and most conflict affected communities. This type of activities makes it easy to facilitate community peace activities in the community . In the mean time, the infrastructure support program has to be designed and planned to improve the access of conflict affected community people to basic services (e.g. access to market). This helps to build relationship and establish social harmony and cohesion in the communities.
- The supports of basic services to the schools with the set up of proper criteria and influence to school management enabled the good educational environment resulting into the increased enrollment rate of the students, quality eduction, reduced discriminations at school.
- Peace building and dispute resolution components should be the part of every new design and every development programs.
- Regular coordination meetings at district and regional level are necessary to make greater program synergy and develop common understanding among partners to achieve the project goal.
- Timely program review and observation on the field provides opportunity to track program and specially this helps a lot while working with multi agencies and their respective strategic partners.
- Community development projects should take into consideration to generate short-term local employment opportunities to the poor. Even the social inclusion and right issues can easily be raised in the communities with other program activities like income generation with little efforts and extra resources.
- Social inclusion practices can be more effectively inbuilt in newly formed community groups than in existing groups like school and health-post management committee.
- Good governance practice become vital to continue smooth program implementation in conflict situation.
- Community people should be empowered to identify peace initiatives themselves to promote peace and harmony in the communities. It is realized that development and mobilization of local resource persons makes program implementation more effective, sustainable and increased ownership.
- Sub sector analysis should be conducted before selecting income generating activities.
- Until and unless the present discriminatory social structures are not transformed into equitable social structure, conflict cannot be permanently resolved. Therefore program should give key focus on addressing underlying causes of conflict.